Here’s How To Actually Eat Healthy For Breakfast
- Make a low-carb breakfast sandwich by turning eggs into a wrap.
2. Try some high-protein breakfast options that aren’t eggs.
Eggs are great. They’re quick, cheap, and full of protein. But after a while, eggs every morning can start to feel a little bit tired. Here are some ideas for when you’re sick of omelettes and frittata muffins.
3. Make simple, healthy swaps so that breakfast energizes you and doesn’t make you feel sluggish.
4. Or, make applesauce in your slow cooker, then use it for overnight oats.
Applesauce is a super-easy way to use up a ton of apples, and it’s even easier if you use a slow cooker .You can use the applesauce for anything you want, but these overnight oats are a delicious, healthy breakfast that you can throw together the night before, then take to go in the AM.
5. If you love granola bars, make your own.
When you DIY your favorite breakfast bars, you get to control exactly what goes in them, and chances are your bars won’t have nearly as much sugar as the store-bought kind. These peanut butter–banana oatmeal breakfast bars have fiber, healthy fats, and a little bit of protein, all of which will satisfy you and keep you happy until lunch.